The Technique Skills booklet is for students who are visual learners to help them learn their scales and chords faster. It shows exactly where each finger goes on the keyboard for all 24 scales in the Circle of 5ths and provides a handy reference to help them master their technique at home.
This tool is a great, inexpensive gift to loan or give to your students.
- Find Out Why we learn these technique skills in the first place. And why they are fun! Make sure to read the beginning of the book with your student so they can understand this important concept.
- The Style is light and fun with inviting, happy colors and tips aimed to help learn technique patterns by visualization and memory.
- Compact Size easily fits inside a standard pencil pouch, or binder pocket.
- Major Keys on the left and relative natural minor key on the right.
- Key Signatures to check a piece you'd like to learn learn, then find the corresponding page to learn and master your favorite song quicker.
- Keyboard Patterns with Left Hand and Right Hand fingering. Black numbers indicate the first octave, and white numbers indicate transitions to multiple octaves.
- Chord Patterns for a complete authentic cadence (I-IV-I-V7-I) are placed on a treble staff, as a loose reference with black dots representing the black keys.
- Chord Inversion Patterns are styled like the cadence chords, with black and white dots. Inversion fingering is explained in the introduction.
- Mark Your Progress on the back cover by checking the box of keys you've mastered!